Monday, June 8, 2009

Nuthings!!

An urban setting, the window highlights the rising and dipping outlines of the yellow high rises. The daylight succumbing to the greyish air all around. A small square room with dirty curtains. Some music on the loop. The sound of dull whistling accompaning it. Them sitting side by side against the wall- One absent mindedly typing at the keyboard, the Other looking up at the ceiling. Between the two of them a paper carrying weed precariously kept under folds. A slow droning and thump of a honey bee creeps up now and again

-Baby can you clean up??
-Umm.

Five Minutes later...

- Baby please clean up some stuff..
-Just a minute..

Two Minutes Later...

-Baby...Baby
-Yes...

Takes up the piece of paper and starts cleaning...
A Minute Later

-Baby give me another sheet. This paper is too slippery.
-Huh?
-Baby another paper, this is too slippery.
-Yes.

Another Minute Later

-Baby...
-Baby please get it...please...please
-O.K.A.Y. Baby.

Gets up to get the newspaper...

-Baby please put on the previous track once more

Keeps typing..

-Baby, please put that track..
-What...Baby?
-Baby the music...the last track...

A few minutes past...

-Baby is the stuff ready?
-Hmmm...

Gives the cleaned stuff...

-Thankyou baby..
-Hmmm..
-What happened baby?
-Nuthing
-Why so quiet?
-Nothing Baby...
-This is what it is...when I want to talk you have your nothingss
-Hmm..

Plays with the cell phone..Dial up a random number..

-Hey wassup?
-Nuthing Much..Just thought I would call..
-Hmm..Fine..fine
-Nuthing
-What the fuck..There is nothing to say...I'm just irritated
-I dunno why..Just
-Okay bye...
-Yes,Yes bye. I'll get back.

Sits back against the wall...breathing hard...

Looks at the Other...Absent mindedly speaks
-Baby what's the matter?
-(Keeps breathing harder)
-Baby..what?
-(Keeps breathing harder. Clutches the long locks)
Gets up

-Baby get up..get up I say..here..stop it

-(starts shivering with emotion)
-Baby, stop it.
-Baby what happened? What's the matter?

Pulls the Other up. Struggles with the weight..Finally rests the other against the wall.

-What? What?
-I need to break something..Now..
-Who did you call?
-Dad...
-What did he say?
-Nuthing
-What did you say?
-Nuthing
-What happened
-(Breathing hard) Give me something to break.. Right now!!
-Okay, okay baby take this cup..But break it somewhere safe...Don't creat a blast..
-(Looks at the One) I just want to break something right now...
-(Shaking the Other up) Listen, listen come here. (Hugs)
-I..I...just want to...
-Yes, I get it baby..Now, calm down..Please

Gets the Other to sit down..
-(Voice shaking in rage) I asked half an hour back for the previous track...
-Shit..Is it that?What track was it?
-Forget it...




No comments: