Saturday, October 6, 2007

THE EXODUS


I locked myself up in a room

Of four cotton walls, and

I swallowed the key

'cos I bruised easily.


There i played little games with shadows and smoke

And slept in my paper-tent.



I had a wooden Napolean and

Two Persian cats,

Fiftytwo cards and a large velvet hat.

I dreamt in colours-vibrant and subdued.

I drank from a pitcher humble and small..

Cozy in my comfort and none to call.



Strumming endless days of my heart

Thankyou for no bandy-legged love nor lore

I'm here where noone's been afore..

Sure there are no clouds,nor there rain

But, it's free from all the pain.


I can dance with seven stars in my hair

There would be none to laugh or stare..



Call me oblivious, and I will say

Thankgod I can stay

With black-coffee stains on my soul

And not see them at all.

No comments: