Friday, October 5, 2007

HIDING IN THE LATE OCTOBER SHADOWS

I scribbled..and scratched off my lines...
Pondered on for some honey-dipped words
Singing of golden old days of lethargic sing-song..
But, my vanity got the better of me..

Looked out and the rest was ..oh but
A well-defined blur..and they said..
That my eyes were failing me..
Or triviality had welled..from the shaky,shallow
Awareness of the self..
Huh..if only i could laugh..
But there is more to that than fragmented
Tug-of-wars..than winning in this wicked child's play..

Many aeons far..i had promised to fight this..
But,now hiding in the late october shadows..
I hear the cacophonic truce beating at my doors..
And lo..where's my vanity..my pride..my protector
Nowhere to be seen..while i crouch in dimmed desperation
To be rescued..by time..man...or that god..
To go back...amidst the snowy curtains..
Lover's embrace..or mother's lap.
Far from this wordy world...n sleep

They are all dying..with days
But I donot give up on
My unheroic pursuit..
For my touchstone...
Who needed a heaven,if this world was bliss..?
In the sheets of silence..

No comments: