Friday, June 6, 2008

For Old Times' Sake.

Last night I sang myself to sleep. Doesn't happen often. But, then whatever! I had almost forgotten these melodies. The songs of my school days. Edelweiss...My favourite things....Ribbons of blue....By the river of Babylon...Do Re Me Fa'...Yellow Polka dot bikini...Skip to my Loo...Big rock candy mountain...Blowing in the wind...so so many of them. It really took me back in time....to that languid but spirited life at Wellington(Ooty)...to the drowsy evenings...the fabulous mornings. I realised how much I had left behind, and how much I miss being in the old times. I miss the flowers, the way they looked in the morning, and how happy Mom would look with her darling garden...the dark woods, the secret stream, the panther's cave(not really), the walks, the golf courses, the gymkhana, the little turns and bends to the most awesome sand pits...the way we sometimes found unguarded nests with eggs intact, the hugest trees I ever saw and the oldest too...the old church..the horses...the sheep...the hilly tea plantations...the clouds almost touching you...how I love the old feel of a English summer.The cosy dark rooms with endless stacks of books and my favourite corner digging into disney stuff. How charming it was reading Pocahontas and imagining things. lazy, lazy days. The old piano, and old Sir Michael. Such lovely mornings we had laughing and jumping and making fun of each other. How he strove to teach us some music.



Someday I want to go back and find the same old world (I hope I do), I want to be 14 again and run wild and free and find my way in the Cross hill wood. I want to bath under waterfalls and do the same lyril-girl-act. I found today that I haven't been on swings(jhoola) for as long as I can remember. Gosh I so want to,so want to do it. Also I haven't played those box games, I haven't played langdi taang and Kho-kho.Shucks i really miss being a kid...n just who told I cannot do it again? that I cannot be a kid anymore?

No comments: