Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Page from the Diary

Hey blog…

I am in my rare girlie mood. Which is to say that I feel pleasantly frivolous, vain, bitchy, light and free, marked with a casual disregard for any deep feelings or cares. The deal is finally FINALLY I am going to shop and shop and shop. I am getting real good at blackmailing dad to pay all my bills. Surprisingly (and God knows how/why) he has agreed to my shamelessly obnoxious demands. But, hey like who cares???? I am Happie. (touchwood). I decided I could get a little makeover done as well. Galling? Hehe… this one for you Sona :P

The rains are finally here. But, I am hoping they wouldn’t be a hurdle. If they do then that will make two (considering the Left-opposition bandhs). It has been really long since I bargained. I am out of practice. But, I am sure 5 minutes in Gariahat or New Market can pump me up. What else? the internet is irregular. So, spent my day watching FTV. There was a time I was glued to it all day. Sounds utterly boring. However, I caught a real good design by Burberry. I will ask my tailor to do it. Got a call from a college friend I had nearly forgotten. Talking to her can be one of the toughest tests of ones patience. Trust me she eats your brains, she makes you feel you were born deaf. She can never stop. So once she is on with her harping I keep the phone away for atleast 10 good minutes, and Voila! She is done by the time I check. She thinks she is the bestest know-it-all. I never bothered to correct her, and who knows I might never have succeeded. But for all, she has a heart of gold, a really big, fat, heart of gold (I can be bitchy, quite).

I don’t know why but I have this strange urge to write some more about her. She, along with her sweetheart, was the case (only Bengalis can appreciate the true meaning of this term) of our days at college. They were very public, sometimes (no... all the time) over the top, and thought of themselves as some authority in relationships (coz well they had been together for 6 whole years). For the last I applaud them sincerely. It must have taken guts of steel to tolerate each other. For my part, I somehow always found myself with them. Rather I was a scapegoat, they had to drag around. I tried one excuse after the other. They were hardly listened to. I don’t know why I was chosen. Maybe they thought poor girl with no guy, let’s give her some good time (yuck!!), or maybe they needed me between the two of them to prove their love, or maybe after a time you actually get bored of talking to just one person. That was their date…u, me and hum. It is terrible to be a threesome at times(most times). I had to endure all the whatever!! Anyways, all I know is they gave me a very bad relationship picture sans dignity and a feel good factor. All I prayed for every time we were in a cab was ‘gosh let them not eat at each other, please’. My prayers were rarely answered, even though I threatened them in every way possible. Sighs!! Whatever, by the last year I took it on as an indifferent outing for free food and good music.

Alright now I need to stop it. Something is snapping. Something is flapping around.

P.S -I am SORRY God. I am sorry God. I am sorry God. I am sorry.
What do you know? I am not actually, but need to keep my record clear. :P
And I sincerely hope she never reads it.

4 comments:

The Sage said...

interesting... i have also found myself in this outsider-between-a-couple position quite a few times and believe that it is more irritating than anything else.. first they drag you along and then act as if they are oblivious of you... or sometimes, act conscious, which is even worse...

Mavron said...

@ marvin

d deal is in my case i wasnt ignored neither was i a reason for them to b conscious(only if they wud b so).i actually played the witness to their love parade which grew so intolerable at times that i had to speak out. trust me they luved it when i did.queerness!!

Khamakha said...

tereko aur kuch yaad nahi aaya vella baithe hue:P

Mavron said...

@khamkha

abey teri bhi jali thi na ek baar se hi.mera soch.n anyways i accepted dat i was feeling bitchy dat day. waise bhi vellapanthi mei hum dono PhD kar rahe hain.so i need to prove it smtimes :P